Christmas Leftovers & Pies

December 28, 2013

This is something new... I'm linking up with Classy Clutter's Spotlight Saturday link party!!! So hopefully this goes well.

Every wonder what to do with your Christmas dinner leftovers? Uh, duh... throw em' in a pie! I know, such a simple concept... I have no idea how I didn't think of this before!!!!!

Tbone's mom (Grandma C) gave me such a good idea... Put all of your dinner left overs in a pie crust.

I just bought the pre-made pie crust in a can (hey give me a break, this was my first holiday cooking for a group of people), and covered the bottom with turkey, then did a layer of mashed potatoes, next was the stuffing and gravy.. Then I simply put the pie top on, bunched the edges together, cut slits in the top and baked for about 20 min at 325. Since everything is cooked already, you just need to keep it in the oven until the pie crust turns a gorgeous golden color.

Sorry it's an iphone pic

It was a hit! Kind of like dressing your left overs in a costume to make it new and exciting again. 
Now I want to put everything in a pie! Woohoo! Enjoy! 


 photo siggy_zps57b91eb6.png

2 comments: