Five on Friday

January 31, 2014


So it's that time again... 5 on Friday:


 
[One] Over the past few weeks, I have managed to get to the gym at least 3 days a week. Yay me! Now I just need to quit my horrible eating habits... I do the absolute worst... I drink coffee from the time I get up thru lunch time. Then I eat dinner and want to snack before bed... I know it's the worst way to eat and I feed my kids breakfast, lunch and dinner... Why can't I do it for myself? Ughhh! 

[Two] Superbowl is this Sunday and for the first time in I don't know how long... We don't have plans. The kids will be at their dads which leaves us to do whatever we want... But I find myself getting more and more worried about drunk drivers on days like this... I think I'd rather stay home and enjoy the day hermiting with my love. 

[Three] In case you haven't heard, I'm obsessed with the show Banshee... It's on tonight!!! Yay! 

[Four] Our rescue (I am the VP of an amazing non-profit organization called Tazzy Fund, there is a button on the right to check us out) just got the cutest sweetest boy.. He was hit and dragged by a car, mangling his back leg... It's so graphic, I'll spare you and edit the gorey-ness out. He was dumped in someones yard, this good Samaritan brought him to the vet so we could take over his care. Today he will have his leg amputated, be neutered and then sent to a foster home to heal and be loved. After he is healthy, he will be put up for adoption so we can find him his forever home.  So keep in touch if you are in the California area and are interested in this cute guy or if you just want to follow up on his story. 

Meet Scooby


[Five] About a week or so ago, I signed up for 'Galentine's Day' over at Ashten's place. I was assigned a bloggy partner to get to know. We then spend $20 and send each other a 'Galentine' gift. Fun right? So last night I got an email letting me know that my partner is Megan over at Soup of the Day. If you haven't, go check her out!!! She could use some warm ''hellos'' since she is freezing over in Baltimore.


Hope you all have a great Superbowl weekend!!! Stay safe! 

 photo siggy_zps57b91eb6.png

16 comments:

  1. Ok what is Banshee I have heard about it a lot! I haven't been able to catch it on TV yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGEEEE it's sooo good. Cinemax on Friday nights. We just watched 1.3 seasons last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo.... I STILL need to see Banshee. And totally impressed by your gym-going amazingness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah it's about time I commit to the gym... I've been on a 14 year break! LOL

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the shoutout! You are so sweet! Today was the warmest it's been in probably a month or so and its 38 degrees. Yikes. OMG Scooby? Sooo precious. I don't understand how people can be so cruel. My shih tzu is a rescue and I am thankful everyday that I was able to give him the life he deserves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear that rescue's know that you gave them a new life!!! I think it's the only way to go =) I <3 Shih tzus.

      Delete
  5. Great job getting your workouts in! Have you considered maybe not cutting out snacking entirely but just replacing what you usually snack on with something a bit healthier? I'm someone who likes eating. A lot. I eat ALL the time. I've found that instead of grabbing cookies or a piece of cake when I want a snack, making a protein shake or a fresh smoothie helps a lot! Or maybe apple with peanut butter or carrots and hummus! You don't have to deprive yourself, just change it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh poor Scooby. I'm so glad that rescue is taking care of him. I hope it all works out well, and that he finds an awesome forever home.

    Way to go on the workouts!!!! Here's a silly suggestion on the meals - why not force yourself to eat with the kids? Anyway, the working out is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to force myself to eat when the kids eat breakfast and lunch..

      Delete
  7. Girl I hear ya...the food kills me too. I work out and eat enough calories to retract any of my efforts...damn! And what a great job....has to feel good to be working for a non-profit. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Scooby!! That is awful. So glad he is getting take care of! Oh my heart! Nice work on getting to the gym! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog! PS I'm hosting a giveaway for a $150 gift certificate to PlushRugs.com and thought you would be interested :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!! I am heading over to yours right now =)

      Delete