For those of you who aren't familiar with the coveted award... The Liebster Award is an award that you give fellow bloggers that are fairly new to blogging and have a smaller following currently. The blogs that you nominate are blogs that you support and see growing.
Here are the rules...
1. Link back to the blogger that nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator
3. Choose 11 new nominees with a smaller following
4. Can't nominate the person who nominated you
5. Let the bloggers know that you nominated them
6. Ask your nominees 11 new questions
Here are the questions that Elisabeth asked me...
1. Who is your idol?
If The Pioneer Woman and Fiona from Burn Notice had a baby.... it would be my idol!!!! I love everything about Ree's life and her amazing attitude. Butttttt Fiona is a badass!!! She is ex-IRA (Irish Republican Army).
2. How did you get in to blogging?
It started because I wanted to document my family and life in pictures... So I started with a Shutterfly photo blog and then it just went from there... I've been blogging on and off for years but since my life has changed so much over the past year (divorce, moves, finding my love, my father passing away etc...) I had a lot to write about. Basically it's the stuff that I don't get out verbally!
3. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Well since Tbone already thinks that I have superhuman strength and calls me the Hulk... I'm going to have to choose something different... Hmmmm, I think I would want to be like Mystique from The X Men. She has the ability to shapeshift in to anything. The possibilities are endless!
4. What is your favorite TV show?
This is hard... Right now I am totally obsessed with Banshee and just blogged about it here. But I think my very favorite over all is Longmire. It's basically a perfect example of where I'd love to live.
5. What would your dream job be?
As morbid as it sounds... I would love to be a medical examiner. I love anything anatomy/physiology along with puzzle solving. Plus I am lucky enough to not get all gaggy with stuff like that.
6. If you could go back in time and do one thing differently, would you? And what would it be?
I am tempted to say, not marry the wrong person... but that would mean I wouldn't have my two amazing kids, soooo I can't say that... I'd never take that away. So I would say that I would spend more time talking with my dad before he passed away. I mean, I was there every day but I would actually talk to him and tell him everything that I had on my mind and make sure he knew how he was my best friend.
7. What's your favorite social media platform? Facebook? Twitter? Instagram? Pinterest?
It's a tie between Instagram and Pinterest. I love Instagram because you get to see the photos without the drama (most of the time), but Pinterest has given me so many amazing ideas and recipes.
8. Do you prefer cats or dogs? Or neither?
Well I've always said that I don't trust people that don't like animals... I truly believe that!!! I even took Tbone to our rescue kennel to see if the dogs liked him.. and even the dogs who hate men and have been horribly abused by men, loved him! It just confirmed what I already knew... He is awesomesauce! I am more of a dog person but I do love cats too!!!! I have both!
9. Who's blog is one of your daily reads?
The Daily Puglet. I love hearing daily from Pug and Dutch!!! Plus her photos are amazing!
10. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
I wish!!!! I don't think I have any hidden talents.
11. Would you rather be blind or deaf? Why?
I am going to go with deaf.. because you can learn to read lips, read sign language. Being blind would be so hard!
So here are my nominations...
1. House Full of Boys
2. Kelly's World
3. Oh Hey, It's AJ
4. Kitch Vixen
5. Duh! Danae
6. Beefy Pug
7. Boston Sweet Tea Party
8. A Dash of Quirky
9. The Hopeless Housewife
10. Southern Finesse
11. A Little Leigh Way
My questions are...
1. What is your favorite band?
2. Name your favorite holiday
3. Boys or Girls
4. Dogs or Cats?
5. Coffee or Tea?
6. Favorite movie?
7. If you could buy any car, what would you choose?
8. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
9. Did you play a sport growing up?
10. Name brand makeup or drug store?
11. What would you choose for your last meal?