Dinosaurs & Tampons:: Five Things

January 23, 2014

So I decided to copy Kenzie over at Life & Lemons by doing a five things post.

Five Things...

... I am passionate about:

1. Family- If you read my blog regularly, you will know I am very passionate about family (that sounds a little creepy now that I've typed that). But really... family is everything to me!



2. Animals- this means everything from educating people on spay/neuter to spending time at our rescue with pups like Barton who has been waiting for a home for way too long.




3. American Cancer Society/Relay for Life- I have lost so many in my family to cancer. I HATE HATE HATE it! Especially since I just lost my dad this past September to the only cancer that is caused by something outside of the body (asbestos). 

4. Mason Jars- I use them to drink out of, to cook, to decorate and to craft. They are everywhere in my house! 

5. Coffee- I looove coffee! I am not a coffee snob by any means! I don't ask for my coffee to be a certain temp when I go to Starbucks, I don't spend a ton of money for super rare and crazy coffees... I just enjoy my 2 cups every morning and the occasional Starbucks. Since my brother bought me an Aeropress for Christmas.... I am in love with it. It brews your coffee to come out so smooth, it almost tastes creamy!!!! I highly recommend it. 


...You'll Find In My Bag:

1. A dinosaur- no joke, I found a big plastic dinosaur in my purse.. Weird only if you don't have kids. 
2. Tampons
3. Baby Lips
4. Wallet
5. Phone


...Things I'd Like To Do Before I Die:

1. Visit other countries- to this date, the only country I have been to other than my own... is Mexico.
2. Sky Dive
3. Swim with manatees
4. Move to Montana/Wyoming or Idaho
5. Build our dream home.


...Things You Will Find In My Bedroom:

1. Way too many pairs of flip flops. Tbone literally has 3 pairs of the exact same pair of flip flops in the exact same color and I probably have at least 7 pairs of plain black flip flops. 

2. My ipad
3. A mason jar of water on my nightstand
4. Family pictures
5. A couple of boxes we haven't un-packed (we moved in October). 




...Quirks I Have

1. I have tryphophobia
2. I have arachnaphobia
3. I cannot sleep with socks on my feet no matter how cold I am. 
4. I am a recovering hypochondriac
5. I get the equivalent of the cat crazies at least once a night. (I get super crazy and hyper and Tbone is left wondering "WTF?"


 photo tumblr_mz1ohipTec1tp74e3o1_400.gif


... Reads I Love:

1. Anything from Kelley Armstrong
2. Memoirs of a Gas Station: A Delightfully Awkward Journey Across the Alaskan Tundra
3. Bridge to Terabithia
4. Chelsea Handler's books
5. Black Dagger Brotherhood


... and there you have it. My list of fives.

   photo siggy_zps57b91eb6.png

6 comments:

  1. I love mason jars too! Obsessed!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can seriously use them for everything!!!! love em'!

      Delete
  2. I love Kelly Armstrong book! We do seem to have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barton is too cute! I hope that he finds a wonderful home soon ♥ I've always wanted to volunteer at a rescue, I just haven't had the time yet. I'm hoping once Carson goes to school full-time I can get out and do more. We've lost quite a bit of family to cancer too, and it really really sucks.
    I've found some weird toys in my purse on occasion too! Ha ha! The joy of motherhood :D
    I loved reading this!! We have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully Barton's foster mom is going to adopt him!!!! He's not an easy guy because he was abused so badly by his previous owner that he has nerve damage all down his spine which cause him to have urinary problems... He's such a love though!!!! We go play with him all the time!!!! My guy has a big soft spot for him!

      Delete